QuakeCoRE Seminar – 18 May 2018: Joanne StevensonApril 19, 2018
ROBUST Building Testing Programme Technical visit to ILEE, ShanghaiMay 10, 2018
The NZSEE Conference was held in Auckland on 13-15 April. During the conference a number of awards and accolades were announced including the following presented to members of the QuakeCoRE community.
- Ken Elwood was presented the N2018 NZSEE President’s Award
- Kai Marder, Ken Elwood’s student, won the NZSEE 2018 Best Student Paper Award the paper titled ” Testing of Ductile Reinforced Concrete Beams with and without Restraint to the Axial Elongation”.
- Tim Sullivan and Rick Henry received the 2018 EQC/NZSEE Ivan Skinner Award for the advancement of earthquake engineering research.
- Liam Wotherspoon was elected as a Fellow of NZSEE for his services to earthquake engineering in New Zealand.
- Liam Wotherspoon, Alessandro Palermo, Rajesh Dhakal, together with Caroline Holden from GNS were jointed presented the 2018 Otto Glogau Award. This award is offered annually to the best paper during the past 3 years. This years winners were the editors of the Special Issue on 2016 Kaikōura Earthquake, NZSEE Bulletin 50(2) published in June 2017.
- NZSEE 2018 Research Scholarship Award was conferred to Ana Isabel Sarkis Fernandez, Alessandro Palermo’s student, on the topic “Quantifying Seismic Resilience of Low Damage Technologies for Short to Medium Span Bridges“
Congratulations to everyone who received an award at the 2018 NZSEE Conference.