QuakeCoRE Seminar – 10 July 2020June 30, 2020
Te Hiki o RūaumokoJuly 14, 2020
The Earthquake Commission (EQC) is launching a revamped $3 million University Research Programme to support EQC-’s aim of building New Zealand-’s resilience to natural hazards.
Congratulations to the following Te Hiranga Rū QuakeCoRE AI/PIs:
- Liam Wotherspoon – Engineering for Stronger Homes and Better Land in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Ilan Noy – The Economics of Financial Natural Hazards Risks and Changing Insurance Markets
- Christine Kenney – Creating the EQC Mātauranga Māori Disaster Risk Reduction Research Centre
- Misko Cubrinovski – What is ‘Better Land’? Assessments and Mitigation of Liquefaction Hazards
- Brendon Bradley – Next-Generation Seismic Hazard Analysis for New Zealand
- Mark Stirling – Understanding and Managing Risk in Low Seismic Hazard Zones
Each research project will receive $125,000 a year for three years.